HISTORY OF KAISERSTEJNSKY PALACE
1699–1720 Baroque reconstruction initiated by Sir Kaiserstein but completed by Petr Radecky.
1859 Monument of marshal Radecký was built on the square. Until 1918 the square carried his name.
1866 Václav Petzold, a hotelier, buys the palace and opens an exclusive restaurant. For the next hundred years it is called „U Petzoldů“.
1904–8 Famous opera singer Emmy Destinn, a partner of Enrico Caruso, rents an apartment here.
1977 Total reconstruction begins under the architects Zdeněk Pokorný and Jaroslav Bělský.
1981 The palace is registered as a UNESCO heritage site.
1997 Restitution procedures are completed and the palace is returned to its original owners.
Malostranské náměstí 37/23, 118 00 Prague – Malá Strana
GPS: N 50.087863 E 14.4046972
View Larger Map